[birdky] RPT: Barren County and Other Observations

  • From: Mark Bennett <krammark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kentucky Bird Listserve <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 20:54:22 +0000

21 March 2006:

I was able to spend a small amount a leisure time in lieu of lunch birding at
Barren River Reservoir this afternoon.  Due to limited time, I birded a few
eastern locations and âThe Narrowsâ.  Nearly all birds of interest were
observed at âThe Narrowsâ.

Observed there were:

Ring-necked Duck:  25
Scaup species:  1
Ruddy Duck:  3
Common Loon:  11 in breeding/alternate plumage
Ring-billed Gulls, uncounted, between 50 and 100
Tree Swallows:  estimated at 30

I also observed about 10 Wild Turkey flying across KY 90 near Summer Shade in
Metcalfe County and about 12 in a wheat field just west of Rockfield in Warren
County.

I nice Pileated Woodpecker was observed in Barren County.

That concludes this report.

--

Mark Bennett

Russellville, KY