[birdky] RPT: Access for Little Stint search

  • From: "Palmer-Ball, Brainard \(EPPC OOS KNPC\)" <Brainard.Palmer-Ball@xxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:42:35 -0400

I have been allowed to go back to see if the Little Stint is still present.
Someone will post if it is refound.

We are under some protocol for visits. If you come, you will likely find a
closed, but unlocked gate. Please close this chain-link gate behind you. For
parking, we must remain on the paved area next to the red brick building. You
likely will have to get wet feet to see the bird well. I do not have permission
for a bunch of people; right now the county fellow has the understanding that
club and KOS members are going to be who is out there in limited numbers. It is
possible if the bird hangs around, we might be able to arrange something for
Saturday in terms of a group.

Directions to the gate: Previous directions should get anyone onto Grade Lane,
the gate is on east side of Grade Lane closer to Fern Valley Road; it is just
south of a concrete bridge/railroad tracks/and stop light at Crittenden Drive.
There is no signage marking it. Again, close the gate behind you upon entering
or leaving.

Hopefully I'll be able to post positive or negative results by mid- or late
morning.

bpb, Frankfort