[birdky] RBA: Mottled Duck in Fulton Co.

  • From: "Ben Yandell" <by@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Bird Ky" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 16:33:10 +0000

In flooded field with mallards and wood ducks at edge of woods.  Beside Hwy. 94
about 1/4 mile east of intersection with 2140. Seen this morning about 6:45 and
again about 11:00.

Birds don't seem to mind highway traffic, but fly not long after we stop.
After a while, we're going to try again for a scope view and pictures.

Bird seen well with binoculars both times. Great view in flight second time.
Dark, blackish body, buffy - not gray - head. White contrasting wing lining.

Also: Obion had 2 willets, 2 yellow-crowned night-herons, and 1 short-billed
dowitcher. Many great egrets and Miss. kites.

Ben and Mary Yandell
Eddie Huber
Louisville