[birdky] Quail in henderson

  • From: CarlSharpS@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 20:01:41 EDT

Thanks for your response on the Quail at Henderson  sloughs and I  looked up
the Tennessee Red Quail but still not satisfied that's what they  are.You are
right I think they are  farm raised as they just kept a  little ahead of us. I
would like to hear from Charles Crawford who posted  first about them as he
seems to be In that area a lot.They had to be put there  by the Fish& wildlife
I bet as there isn't a house for miles. I just hope  they have them protected
at least a couple years and with Quail season opening  next month they won't
have a chance. I'm familiar with the smaller Mexican Quail  as they are even
more populated than the Bobwhite In my opinion and a lot harder  to hunt. I
just
joined this site and my wife and I decided to photograph every  bird in ky as
were retired but after trying to ID every Warbler and Sparrow with  our 3 ky
books we gave up on that quick. We love driving back roads  and photographing
Wildlife and If we get 1 or 2 pictures we feel we  had a great trip. really
looking for a way to get within 100 yards of a Eagle if  anyone knows a good
place to try would love to hear from you. I can be reached  at
_carlsharps@xxxxxxxx (mailto:carlsharps@xxxxxxx) .