[birdky] Ospreys & Eagles

  • From: Karen Bonsell <karenbonsell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 05:18:29 -0400

I went to Clark Cabin yesterday to check on the Eagle & Osprey nests! I don't
have a scope, so I didn't get to see the Eagle chicks, but you could definitely
tell that they were feeding something over there! Both adults were present at
the nest! So exciting to see that this pair finally figured it out!
While there, I saw 3 Ospreys circling overhead! I could also see at least 1
Osprey standing on the nest tower! That's a grand total of 4 Ospreys! I'm so
glad to see that they have gotten a nice nest built while I was out of town!
Speaking of that, we just returned from a great trip to Florida! I really saw
Florida in a whole new light visiting as a birder! I have never seen so many
Ospreys in my life! We even got to see a Bobcat at Merritt NWR! I also never
knew that Loggerhead Shrikes were so plentiful down there! I will hopefully get
my pictures processed & get some posted & share! It was great, but I was bummed
out to see all of my winter birds had left! :( I figured they would since there
was no food for over a week! I hope my little Pine Warbler decides to visit
again next winter!
Have a great day everyone!

~Karen Bonsell
Louisville, KY (Jefferson County)
Louisvillenaturally.com
Sent from my iPad================NOTES TO SUBSCRIBERS==============

When posting on BIRDKY, please close posts with
your first and last name and your address (city or county).

To post on BIRDKY, send e-mail to:
birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Visit the KOS website at
http://www.biology.eku.edu/kos/default.htm