[birdky] Olive Branch Eagle Nest

  • From: "Sid Easley" <sid.easley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 18:53:04 -0600

I did an early check today on this  eagle nest in west Kentucky.  An adult
eagle was sitting/setting (grammatical controversy)  in the nest and looking
out through the foggy air.   This nest has entertained me for at least 4 years.
 It has probably consistently produced more eaglets than any other observed
nest around Land Between the Lakes.   I usually don't check the nest until
early Feb.  Was surprised to see the adult there this early.  Probably looking
for Santa?

Melissa Easley
Murray, Ky.