[birdky] New Year's Day Spotted Sandpiper

  • From: FrankRenfrow@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 17:45:52 EST

The Spotted Sandpiper was still present at the Riverside Marina in Dayton,
Campbell Co., KY today. It took me a while to relocate it as it was on the
upriver side of the marina barge, feeding in the debris caught up there. It
then
flew back downriver to the lower boat ramp where I had seen  it yesterday. It
actually does have quite a bit of spotting  on the upper breast, which I had
missed before. I couldn't relocate the smaller  Canada Geese in the flock of
about 170 that were there today.  Present  at the nearby Watertown Yacht Club
were 2 Great Blue Herons, 1 male Hooded  Merganser and 80 Ring-billed Gulls.

Frank Renfrow
Fort Thomas, KY