[birdky] Mitchell phalarope update

  • From: "Scott & Glenda Record" <sgrecord@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 20:02:47 -0500

Checked Mitchell at 3:30 this afternoon and found the Wilson's phalarope right
where Hap and Melissa left it.  The large number of shorebirds that they
reported were still there as well.  I did not locate the ibis but there were
very few waders on Mitchell at the time.  I got a few decent pictures of the
phalarope but the best picture was of my 6 year old losing his shoe in the mud
and falling on his bottom.  This incident and the oppressive heat limited my
opportunity to study the other shorebirds but was worth the trip in itself.
Also checked Smokey road and found 12 Eur.C. doves on the west end of the road
and several killdeer in the recently cut alfalfa fields.  Heavy rains in the
last couple of hours were welcome and hopefully dropped a few things out as
well.

Scott Record
Ragland KY