[birdky] Re: Louisville, KY

  • From: "pbjoin" <pbjoin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 22:19:52 -0400

When I stopped by Cherokee Park this morning on my way to work there were
actually two grebes on the pond.  One was noticeably smaller, had red eyes
(visible through my scope) and I'm pretty sure it was a Horned Grebe.  The
Red-necked Grebe looked enormous in comparison when they were nearly side by
side - it was the size difference that made me pull out the scope for a
closer look.  I got one really bad picture of the Red-necked Grebe (they
don't stay above water very long), but perhaps I'll try again tomorrow
morning since the bird was still there this evening.  It was nice to
unexpectedly get two grebes for the price of one visit.

> On 3/18/2014 7:54:06 PM, Ron Hirsch (ronnie_pat@xxxxxxxxxxx) wrote:
> > The Red Necked Grebe is still at Cherokee Park.  I also stopped by
Ashland Park on the Ohio and saw the following: