[birdky] Loggerhead Shrike in Richmond

  • From: Troy Evans <chillyweather@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 13:54:24 -0500

While driving along the north bypass in Richmond today, I got a good look at a
Loggerhead Shrike feeding along a fenceline next to farm fields.  I pulled off
for a few minutes, and watched him dive into the grass several time after some
food.  This is the first time I've seen a shrike within Richmond limits.  If
anyone is interested in finding it, the bird was located on the bypass between
the intersection with Rt. 388 (redhouse rd.) and the intersection with fourmile
rd.  It was located near a pull-off on the northeast side of the bypass, on a
fenceline close to a barn.

       Troy Evans
       Richmond, KY