[birdky] Lake Barkley "Osprey" Nest Cam Update

  • From: Ed Ray <edrayosprey@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2011 10:39:38 -0700 (PDT)

Looks like the pair of great horned owls that took over the KEEP, Inc. "osprey"
nest cam platform will unknowingly bring our nest cam season to an early
close this year. The gho displaced pair of ospreys, that typically nested at
our cam platform, continue to nest in a very high wind exposed tree top. So far
the tree nest has survived the high winds during our frequent thunder storms.
(Those interested in botany may wish to check out the osprey nest at:
http://keepky.org/index.html The plant in the nest is doing well about 40 ft.
above the ground.) We will likely keep the camera on for a another week or two
before shutting down for this nesting season.

Ed Ray, Hopkins Co.