[birdky] Katrina rainfall total here

  • From: "lyneart" <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:48:19 -0500

The total rainfall in my gauge since rain commenced at about 8:30 Monday
morning - 7.5 inches. We put fresh sugar solution in our 2 hummingbird feeders
a little after day break this morning. I have only seen one hummingbird at a
time so far today. We were having constant hummingbird battles before the
storm. Some probably nested nearby. For a while a male would perch on the
clothesline beside one of the feeders while 2 female/immature individuals fed
at the same time.
Frank Lyne frank@xxxxxxxxxxx near Dot in Logan County, KY