[birdky] Re: Ivory-bill Woodpecker not extinct?

  • From: Joyce Bender <landstewardky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tommy Hickcox <cometkazie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 14:13:13 -0400

Sent from my iPad

On May 23, 2023, at 11:51 AM, Tommy Hickcox <cometkazie@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I lived in the Baton Rouge area for 54y and these ivory-billed sightings would pop up every so often.  They would set off a kerfluffle, and then things would settle back to normal.
Tom HickcoxDanville

On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 7:08 AM Joyce Fry <joycefry1@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
“Hope is a Thing with Feathers,” be they large or tiny!

Northern Franklin County
On May 22, 2023, at 6:40 PM, Joyce Bender <landstewardky@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sure don’t know what to think yet.  Nothing peer-reviewed; many birders are skeptical.  I’d like to hope…..

Sent from my iPad
On May 22, 2023, at 6:06 PM, Richard Cassell <richardcassell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sent from my iPad
On May 22, 2023, at 9:13 AM, Mary Yandell <mtwyandell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I watched the original video presentation to USFWS and even with the grainy footage the flying and perched birds had IBWO field marks. I thought it very convincing.
Mary Yandell
On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 9:07 AM Jeremy Teague <archilochus79@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here’s a link to the article. Most magnificent bird I’ve ever seen in the wild. (I’m kidding of corse…or am I?)  ;)
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ece3.10017

On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 6:29 AM Jeff Sole <jdsole56@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Haven't seen the actual peer reviewed article mentioned in the report, but new claims of surviving Ivory-bills in Louisiana.
https://www.post-gazette.com/life/outdoors/2023/05/20/national-aviary-steve-latta-ivorybill-woodpecker/stories/202305170105

Jeff SoleLincoln County

JPEG image