[birdky] Re: It's Time for Hummingbirds

  • From: <foxgladejrts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2008 08:00:24 -0400

I wanted to give a big thank you to David.  I've had wild bird feeders out for
about a year now, and have never had a hummingbird feeder.  My husband had
asked about one, and I figured it was too late in the season.  Well, after
David's post, I rushed out and bought one, filled it up, placed it right in
front of the kitchen window and waited.  Four days later, I saw my first
hummer!!!   I was so excited I had to make three phone calls to friends, and
the husband of course.  So far, I have only seen one, but it has been back for
the past three days now.  I hope I can get some photographs in the next few
days.  What a treat and thanks again!  I really enjoy the list.

Christine Hayden
Elk Creek, KY