[birdky] Re: Goose nesting possibility

  • From: Joyce Bender <landstewardky@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: scott.marsh56@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 08:15:49 -0500

Does it look like this?

On Feb 24, 2024, at 8:01 AM, Scott Marsh <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Much like reading a book, I have formed my own layout of the Lyne farm. Maybe one day I will compare the two
Scott MarshSomewhere else

Sent from my iPhone
On Feb 24, 2024, at 7:32 AM, Lyneart <lyneart@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As Alison and I approached middle pond yesterday morning, a Canada Goose stayed put long enough for me to snap a picture. When it finally took off, a second goose followed from a direction that indicated it had been atop the folly I built by middle pond many years ago. A pair once attempted to nest atop that folly. Another time a pair nested on tire island. Neither pair was successful. I don’t know if the cows had anything to do with their previous lack of success. No cattle now, so we’ll see if that makes a difference.
Nearly all my bird houses were in fence lines. I’m currently taking my fences down to help my new renter, so most of the bird houses are now in the barn lot, together with all my gates. I can add a few more to the yard/barn lot area, but I’m likely to have many fewer swallows that in past years. https://ebird.org/checklist/S162717944
Frank Lynefrank@xxxxxxxxxxx - near Dot in Logan County, KY

JPEG image