[birdky] Gentle Pond, Sloughs WMA (Henderson Co.)

  • From: Charles Crawford <cr4d@xxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 15:06:43 -0500

Finally I wore my waders and checked on the Bald Eagles nest at Gentle Pond.
Another successful year. I saw 2 Juvs. in the nest, quite active. Photos and a
video.

The Red-tailed Hawk’s nest was occupied by an adult.

KY Sloughs WMA - Gentle Pond, Henderson, US-KY
Apr 18, 2014 12:00 PM - 12:50 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.5 mile(s)
23 species

Canada Goose  X
Wood Duck  X
Hooded Merganser  1
Wild Turkey  1
Bald Eagle  3     2 juv. in nest observed.
Red-tailed Hawk (Eastern)  1     ad. on nest
Belted Kingfisher  X
Red-bellied Woodpecker  X
Downy Woodpecker  X
Northern Flicker (Yellow-shafted)  X