[birdky] Fwd: eBird Report - Sloughs WMA--Sauerheber Unit, Apr 5, 2015

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "kazamiya@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Apr 2015 21:57:52 -0400

Hi - trying out eBird reporting for the first time. I'll get better, I hope.

Location-wise, this includes, really, most of Charlie Crawford's patch: Hardy
slew, Anderson pond, as well as Sauerhagen: The black-crowned night
heron,?which I have never seen in western KY before, was on the west side of
the backroad that runs beside the WMA HQ. Don't know what to call that.

I followed another birder down that road, slowly, and he had 2 b-c herons in
his sights ... he went out way in front of me, but I found one of the birds in
the same general area when I left. Now I have to figure out how to get my
not-so-great photo onto the KOS page.

Wonderful birding, stressful reporting .....

Kate Hannah
Owensboro, KY

?