[birdky] Fw: WHAT A CROWD!

  • From: "Debi" <debi1950@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Birdky" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 13:58:09 -0500

We had the same thing happen here.. at least 30 plus Redwing
Blackbirds..normally we might have one or two.. I know they are on the farm in
the summer, but never have had this many at the feeders.. the locals were like
"Awwwwwww come on..this is ours!!!"  hahahaha

Hi All,

My Mother used to say:"I don't mind the 'comers and goers', but I hate those
'comers and stayers'." Well Les and I felt the same way this morning. There
were 60+ REDWINGS BLACKBIRDS, mostly male, that moved into the bird feeding
areas. Some even managed to cling to bird feeders. Since we live up a hollow,
we seldom see these birds. Other birds: JUNCO, FOX SPARROW, EASTERN TOWHEE,
WHITE-THROATED SPARROW, NORTHERN CARDINAL, TUFTED TITMOUSE, CAROLINA CHICKADEE,
RED-BELLIED WOODPECKER, DOWNY WOODPECKER, HAIRY WOODPECKER, MOURNING DOVES,
NORTHERN MOCKINGBIRD, HOUSE FINCH, AMERICAN GOLDFINCH, BROWN THRASHER, SONG
SPARROW,  CAROLINA WREN, ETC.

In total we have about 6-7 inches of snow. Very beautiful here in the
mountains, but rather isolating.

Cheers,

Joan of Art and Nature Carr

Pike Co., South Williamson, KY