[birdky] Fulton County Today

  • From: "Scott & Glenda Record" <sgrecord@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 15:08:03 -0500

Spent the morning hours in Fulton county looking for waders.  Started at Lake
no.9 at 8 a.m.  Present were a few great egrets, little blues, great blues, and
a couple juvenile night herons.  Maybe 40 birds total.  I stayed at Lake no. 9
until about 9:30 with no new birds arriving.  The only other waders I found in
KY  were in a ditch a couple miles north of the entrance to Long Point on Hwy
94.  Also checked the original Spoonbill site on 157 in TN and found only 2
little blues and 3 great egrets.  Also there was an immature lb or snowy
floating dead in the water on the far side of the pool.   Shorebirds were scare
but in about every spot of water I could find (which wasn't many)  Most common
shore birds were present in small numbers with killdeer most prevalent as
usual.  The only other birds of interest were 2 shrikes, 1 M. kite, several
black vultures and a Eur c dove.  Also there were a few shorebirds visible on
the bars seen from Island no. 8 boatramp.  I didn't have time to pursue these
and didn't see anything unusual there either.

Scott Record
Ragland KY