[birdky] FOS Louisiana Waterthrush at Bernheim

  • From: csbesse <csbesse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BIRDKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 15:19:53 -0700 (PDT)

I was out at Bernheim for lunch today and decided to see if I could find my
first La Waterthrush. Sure enough as I pulled up to the parking area at Rock
Run I heard one clicking and then singing. He was bobbing away in a tree near
the stream.  Made my day!
There were an unusually high number of Fox Sparrows around and Phoebes were
everywhere. Chipping Sparrows have returned and a Brown Thrasher was singing
his songs from the top of a tree. There were 3 species of Grebe on Lake Nevin
plus a nice pair of Hooded Mergansers. I saw just two Tree Swallows and no
Martins. A beautiful afternoon to be out.

Carol Besse
Louisville, KY

Bernheim Arboretum and Research Forest (Bullitt Co.), Bullitt, US-KY
Mar 28, 2014 12:30 PM - 2:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
5.0 mile(s)
Comments:     FOS Louisiana Waterthrush at Rock Run
33 species

Canada Goose  8
Mallard  2
Hooded Merganser  2
Pied-billed Grebe  3
Horned Grebe  2
Red-necked Grebe  1     Continuing bird on Lake Nevin
Black Vulture  2
Turkey Vulture  5
Red-tailed Hawk  1
Mourning Dove  2