[birdky] FOS Blue Grosbeak

  • From: "Debby & Steve Tyson" <tyson9152@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2015 19:38:12 -0500

A brilliant blue male was on the ground in our yard, as I slowed to pull
into the driveway, at 5:30 CDT, today. The sun was behind me, so the light
was perfect to get a good look at a really lovely bird. I stepped out with
the binocular, about an hour later, and found him nibbling post oak catkins.
I hope he finds good company and stays on for the summer! We have a pair of
Bluebirds acting interested in one of the nest boxes, I spotted our FOS
Indigo Bunting in the pond thicket on Saturday and Blue Jays are ubiquitous
here. I never tire of all the blue.

Also, I spotted a Yellow Warbler in one of the oaks, while scanning for the
Grosbeak.

Stephen Tyson, Schochoh, Logan Co., KY