[birdky] Dix Peregrine nest

  • From: Tina Nauman <tinanauman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ASK Freelists <ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, BIRDKY Freelists <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Kathryn (FW) Heyden e" <kathryn.heyden@xxxxxx>, Pat <wildlifeguardian@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 21:45:48 -0400

I have located a Peregrine Falcon nest on the Dix River between High Bridge
and the Power Plant with one juvi that is very close to fledge. The nest
is in the palisade cliffs. It was thrilling to watch the juvi walk the
cliffs and one parent soaring then landing near by. The nest is very high
and difficult to find.

The one adult that I saw has a red band and I'm trying to see if I can get
a number off it. It's my understanding that several pair were released at
the power plant but I don't know when. Can anyone get a list of the bands
of those released Peregrines that might help with a match?

I may go back tomorrow morning to see if I can locate both adults and get
better photos of bands.

Lots of photos here because I haven't done much editing yet.

http://tinanauman.zenfolio.com/f311701297

Tina Nauman
Lexington, KY