[birdky] Re: Clarifications to proposed increase in Sandhill season

  • From: linda craiger <lindacraiger@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mary yadell <mtwyandell@xxxxxxxxx>, birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 07:29:35 -0600

I hope the folks in KY will  decide we don't need to kill the beautiful
Sandhill Crane.  They are in our state for such  a short period of time, and
are not hurting anybody by being here.  It just seems so senseless to shoot
them!  If they prolong the time when they can be shot, it will make it even
harder to find the birds.
Thanks for all you are doing Mary to stop or minimize the hunt.
Linda Craiger /Glasgow

Mary Yandell <mtwyandell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Here is a follow-up *Courier-Journal* article by Jim Bruggers. Included is
clarification on several points of the proposal.

Report suggests big increase in crane hunting
<http://www.courier-journal.com/story/tech/science/environment/2014/12/08/kentucky-wants-longer-crane-hunting-season/20115109/>

[image: image]
<http://www.courier-journal.com/story/tech/science/environment/2014/12/08/kentucky-wants-longer-crane-hunting-season/20115109/>

Report suggests big increase in crane hunting
<http://www.courier-journal.com/story/tech/science/environment/2014/12/08/kentucky-wants-longer-crane-hunting-season/20115109/>
Protected whooping cranes are in Kentucky as hunters gear up for sandhill
crane season.

View on www.courier-journal...
<http://www.courier-journal.com/story/tech/science/environment/2014/12/08/kentucky-wants-longer-crane-hunting-season/20115109/>
Preview by Yahoo