[birdky] Cecilia

  • From: "Logsdon, Charles (FW)" <Charles.Logsdon@xxxxxx>
  • To: "birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 19:30:36 +0000

Took my dogs for a drive this morning.  Did not arrive in Cecilia/Stephensburg
until 830.  Several flocks coming from the west of 1375 from the roost ponds on
1357.  Slightly surprised by the number of cranes still present based on the
number that have flown over Otter Creek the last few days.  Actually saw
2500-3000 scattered throughout the area, including some areas that I had never
seen them in before.  Strongly suspect the wind was affecting distribution.
Despite my best efforts to make them whooping cranes, a flock of about 10 snow
geese were seen feeding with cranes south of 86.  significant numbers (more
than observed lately) of Canada geese were seen throughout the region.  Earlier
this year there were some whitefronts in the area.  Plan on making a morning
roost count tomorrow weather permitting.

Charlie Logsdon

Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife Resources

Otter Creek Outdoor Recreation Area

850 Otter Creek Park Road

Brandenburg KY  40108

(502)942-9171

"There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot".  Aldo
Leopold

"Life in the wild is more than eating berries in the sun."  Gary Snyder

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachment, is for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
information.  Any unauthorized use, disclosure, or distribution is strictly
prohibited.  If you are not the intended recipient, please contact sender, by
e-mail, and destroy al copies of the original message.