[birdky] COMMON REDPOLL

  • From: "Joan Carr" <joan-of-art@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2015 14:27:23 -0500

I watched a bird at the feeder for several days and thought that it was a
COMMON REDPOLL. I even studied it with my spotter scope to confirm its ID.
It was among some house finches and goldfinches, but looked different. Plus
the finches were pecking at it and trying to knock it off the feeder. I am
99% sure of the ID, but I didn't report it earlier. I thought that I might
get my "hands slapped" over such a rarity.

Les and I are still working at keeping food available for the birds. Hope
everyone stays warm for the next few days.

Cheer,

Joan Carr

Pike Co.