[birdky] Blood River, Crappie Hollow 10/05

  • From: HapC1@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2008 21:43:22 EDT

It is so dry on the mud flats that I had to walk a long way to find  birds
today.  I had seen a sad sight from my dock and got as close as  I could to see
the cause of death of one Great Blue Heron and one Great  Egret.  I'm afraid
to say they may have been shot.  I can't imagine  someone mistook them for
ducks.
On a lighter note a few shorebirds were enjoying the muddy  edges.
Canada Goose- 50+
DC Cormorant
Great Blue Heron
Great Egret