[birdky] Black-bellied whistling ducks

  • From: "Nancy Moore" <jaybird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TN-BIRD" <tn-bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "BIRDKY" <BIRDKY@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 10:33:30 -0500

Mooring
Lake Co, Tn.

Received a call from Bettie Sumara that there were 8 Black-bellied Whistling
Ducks in the Mooring area that is south and West of Wynnburg. The birds were
actually found by a farmer who had called and left me a message and finally
tracked down Bettie. The birds have moved but are in the same general area.  I
quickly made my way there before dark and enjoyed seeing these beautiful birds.
 I have seen them in Lake co. before.  I did take pictures.  They are near Hyde
Rd and Robinson Slough Rd.  I took Shelton Rd. off 78 and took a left at the T
and then a right.  They were by a ditch between the road and a field yesterday
evening, but now specifics on where they were  this morning. But close.

Nancy Moore
Bluebasin Cove B&B
Reelfoot lake
Lake Co, Tn