[birdky] Birding the Ohio River

  • From: "Eddie and Jennifer Huber" <edandjenhuber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BirdKY" <Birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 15:23:29 -0400

    I went out this mourning to see what might be different on the river and
many of the nice rafts of ducks that were there yesterday have gone. The best
place which held the most ducks was at the falls area. One nice group
consisting of about 250+ ducks. This raft ducks and others in the falls area
consisted of:
green wing teal-6
black ducks-2
pied billed grebe-2
scaup mostly I believe to be lesser-125+
horned grebe-25 (some starting to go into breeding
   plumage)
blue wing teal-8
coots-70
white wing scoters-2 (they were by themselves)
red heads-15

Duffy's Landing on the Ind.side
ring billed gulls-65
Bonaparte's gull-9