[birdky] Bird Report - Mammoth Cave NP (Edmonson Co.), Apr 15, 2015

  • From: "sk" <kistlers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2015 15:53:36 -0500

Sandy Moss joined me for some Mammoth Cave birding this morning...damp,
overcast skies cut down on activity a bit, but we still turned up a good bunch
of birds. Wood thrushes, KY warblers, and scarlet tanagers were welcome FOS
additions.

Steve Kistler

Wild Turkey 4

Turkey Vulture 2

Mourning Dove 6

Barred Owl 1

Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1

Red-bellied Woodpecker 6

Downy Woodpecker 2

Northern Flicker 3

Pileated Woodpecker 2

Eastern Phoebe 3

Eastern Kingbird 1

White-eyed Vireo 1

Red-eyed Vireo 3

Blue Jay 5

American Crow 12

Northern Rough-winged Swallow 2

Barn Swallow 1

Carolina Chickadee 6

Tufted Titmouse 15

White-breasted Nuthatch 6

Carolina Wren 1

Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 20

Golden-crowned Kinglet 1

Ruby-crowned Kinglet 1 - singing, with his red crest out in full glory!

Eastern Bluebird 4

Wood Thrush 2

American Robin 10

Brown Thrasher 1