[birdky] Bird ID Please...

  • From: <foxgladejrts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 06:08:06 -0400

I have tried to identify this new visitor to my feeder.  The best I can come up
with is an immature red headed woodpecker?  However, I can't find any photos of
these showing the stripes around it's eyes.  Photos are not of a very good
quality, shot through dirty window glass, but I hope it returns and I can do a
better job today with the window opened.  Thanks in advance, as I know someone
will quickly be able to identify my new ward.  :)

http://www.pbase.com/jrtchris/image/100580986

http://www.pbase.com/jrtchris/image/100580989

Also, in relation to my backyard residents, I am now up to two busy little
females and one male ruby throated hummingbird at the new feeder.

Christine Hayden
Elk Creek, KY