[birdky] Big and Tiny

  • From: "Millie" <kymillie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <Birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2008 00:31:01 -0400

We are on our annual trip out West. While at the Grand Canyon, we saw two
California Condors, both perched out on points. Waited and waited but they
never flew. :-(  Then we came to Denver to visit family, and in a tree just a
few feet above their patio, there is a hummingbird nest. Very visible from the
kitchen window. She looks like a female Ruby-Throat but I did not think they
were this far West.  I am sorry we have to return home soon and will miss the
hatching and feeding cycle. Never have seen an active hummer nest so really
excited to see both the Condors and the tiny nest within a two day time span.

Millie Farmer
St. Matthews, KY but now in Denver