[birdky] Bald Eagle

  • From: "joe swanson" <gailandjoe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BIRDKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 13:35:52 -0500

I went out to the causeway on Lakeside Dr. this am.  Saw what I assumed to be a
'blue goose' on the ice as I approached the spot where I usually park.  Got my
scope and camera out and as I walked out to set the scope up, the bird flew.
By this time I had thought it might be an eagle.  It flew directly over my head
so there was no doubt that it was a mature Bald Eagle.  After seeing the
immature or sub adult bird a week or two ago, I'm wondering if there might be a
nest somewhere in the vincinity.  Seems like someone should have seen a nest if
there was one, but, who knows?

there were lots of Canadas, mallards, a few Hooded Merganzers, Canvasbacks,
Redheads, No. Shovelors Greenwinged Teal, Buffelheads, one crow and one
Ringbilled Gull.

Joe Swanson
Fayette County