[birdky] BKY- bird bath/hummers

  • From: "Jackie Elmore" <jackiebelmore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 20:08:19 -0500

Wednesday 7-28-2004

A post-breeding wanderer/migrant, a female Cerulean Warbler was observed
this evening in the bushes and trees above the bird bath/drip. There have
been many Ruby-throated Hummingbirds at the feeders and flowers the past
couple of weeks. With six feeders up, there has been three to four or more
birds fighting to control each feeder. Several adult males and females and a
few juveniles have been observed. All that work I put in to planting more
and more hummer flowers this spring is starting to pay off!

I took a photo of a juv. male hummer with a hooked bill deformity if anyone
wants to see.

Jackie B. Elmore
Bowling Green, KY
Warren Co.