[birdky] BKY: Pulaski County Migration Count

  • From: "roseanna" <roseanna@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BirdKY" <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Lynda & Tom Mills" <perrylm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Judy Brant" <jajubrant@xxxxxxx>, "Scott Marsh" <KSMRLB@xxxxxxxxxxx>,"Margaret York" <Nuthatch44@xxxxxxxx>,"Laura Kamperman" <lkamperman@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 19:58:55 -0400

We had a really nice day for doing the migration count NO RAIN! I've been
whining all spring that we weren't getting any transient warblers, but some of
the participants managed to find some. 14 field participants and 1 feeder
watcher tallied 127 species. Thanks to Judy Brant, Rhonda Bryant, Lisa Brown,
Granville Cox, Thelma Cox, Julie Denton, Allison Elliott, Laura Kamperman,
Scott Marsh, Lynda & Tom Mills, Arlene Morton, Margaret York and John Zuercher
for the help!

Highlights of the count included 1 Peregrine Falcon, at least 2 tardy Sandhill
Cranes, 1 Common Snipe, 1 Black-billed Cuckoo, 2 Alder Flycatchers, 6 Vireo
species, 29 warbler species including 2 Golden-winged and 7 Henslow's Sparrows.

I've pasted the totals below for those interested.

~Roseanna Denton~

Pulaski County, KY

Great Blue Heron 16
Green Heron 5