[birdky] BKY: Ohio River in Louisville

  • From: Beckhambc@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 17:28:32 EDT

We returned to the river today to check to see if any new birds had come in
over night.  At our first stop as we were scanning the river nearly 1000  D-c
Cormorants flew over head.  It was a really neat seeing them flying  down
river toward the skyline of the city.  Other skeins of   cormorants continued
through the next couple of hours.  In all there were  probably between 1500 and
2000 birds.  Other birds we saw were  14  Ruddy Ducks, 6 Horned Grebes, and 1
Hooded Merganser .  We did see 1  Surf Scoter on the wing flying up river.

Pat and Jane Bell
Louisville