[birdky] Re: BKY: Off topic, but interesting (and they fly!) . . . KY Indianabats in MI

  • From: "joyce porter" <joycelporter@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 14:24:41 -0600

Brainard,

Thanks for the piece on bats.They are as interesting as birds.Maybe
not as pretty and not as many species but their
very specialized habitats make them less accessible.
Think I'll stick to the Christmas Count, the Breeding Bird
Survey, the North American Migrant Count,etc. It is a rare occasion
when I'm outdoors during the day that a bird does not catch my  attention.
However, it's a special treat to find a Red Bat attached to the underneath
side of an oak leaf when I'm walking in the woods.I
also enjoy when walking at the park in the evening to be joined
in summer by the small Indiania Bat searching for insects attracted
by the lights along the roadway. Joyce Porter
light pol