[birdky] BKY: Highlights of a beautiful spring day

  • From: P & J BELL <patjanebell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2015 21:20:20 +0000 (UTC)

A Great Horned Owl was seen this morning high up in a tree in Cherokee Park
here in Louisville.This afternoon we walked a short trail at Beckley Creek Park
looking for birds and wildflowers. Golden-crowned Kinglets must be migrating
through the area for they seemed to be every where. Hepatica and bloodroot were
along the hill side - just beautiful. Two snakes were seen along the trail.
We stopped by Long Run Park and found 13 Ruddy ducks - 2 adult males in
breeding plumage. Also on the lake were Blue-winged Teal and one Greater Scaup,
one Horned Grebe in nice summer plumage and 2 Pied-billed Grebes.
A great day to be outdoors.
Happy Easter Everyone and Good Birding,Pat Bell
Jane BellLouisville