[birdky] BKY: Birding at Hays Kennedy Park

  • From: P & J BELL <patjanebell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: birdky <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 14:56:56 -0700 (PDT)

After being alerted by Patti Bell that there were nice birds at Hays Kennedy
Park, we went looking along the waterway in the park this afternoon. We located
6 species of ducks - gadwall, wigeon, mallard, blue-winged teal, shovelers, and
green-winged teal. Three female hooded mergansers were also present. Killdeer,
3 pectoral sandpipers, and 7 Wilson's snipe were feeding along the edge of the
water. Tree swallows were dipping low over the water hawking for insects.
Lastly, 2 meadowlarks serenaded us from the field as we walked along the path.

Hays Kennedy Park is located in Prospect, KY. It is on Bass Road which is off
of River Road.

Good birding,
Pat Bell
Jane Bell