[birdky] BKY: Beckham Bird Club March Dinner Meeting

  • From: P & J BELL <patjanebell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BirdKY <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 08:13:08 -0800 (PST)

Beckham Bird Club will have its annual  dinner meeting on Tuesday, March 12 at
The University Club on the University of Louisville campus. A social hour with
cash bar will begin at 6:00 p.m. followed by a buffet at 7:00 p.m. The price of
the dinner is $30.00.The deadline for making a reservation is March 8.  More
details will be found at our web site - beckhambirdclub.org.  Click on the
March
newsletter.

Alvaro Jaramillo has said that if golf is a good walk spoiled, then birding is
good walk perfected. It's such a simple, compelling, positive message. But that
positivity is something that birders as a community have relatively rarely
managed to convey. Why is it that with as great a "product" to sell as the
redemptive power of a passionate
curiosity about nature and belonging to community of some of the most
interesting, caring people anywhere, we've made so little traction with the
wider public? Please join us at the Beckham Bird Club annual dinner with
keynote
speaker Jeffrey Gordon, president of the American Birding Association, for a
celebration of the power of birding to heal and transform not only our own
lives
but even our world. The title of his talk is Birding Together: How Birding Can
Save Your Life and Maybe,   Just Maybe, Save the World.

Hope you can join us.

Pat and Jane Bell
Louisville

When posting on BIRDKY, please close posts with
your first and last name and your address (city or county).

To post on BIRDKY, send e-mail to:
birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Visit the KOS website at
http://www.biology.eku.edu/kos/default.htm