[birdky] BKY: 15 miles of the north licking river

  • From: "Marsh, Scott" <SMarsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2004 07:07:52 -0400

Rhonda and I kayaked from the Clay WMA to Blue Licks Sate Park
Yesterday. The river was running freely so the 15 miles only took about
4 hours. Of interest were the numerous WOOD DUCKS of various ages seen
through out the trip. The young ones would dive under to escape. At
every shallow or island there were good numbers of CEDAR WAXWINGS fly
catching. I could hear a PARULA WARBLER about anytime I wished. There
were Flcatchers everywhere, but no WILLOW. Good numbers of both VULTURES
setting about, GREAT BLUES, GREEN HERON (including fledglings),
RED-TAILED HAWK FLEDGLING (including one with a white tail. Offspring of
the pure white?), WOOD THRUSH, and 1 each of PROTHONATARY, LOUISIANA
WATERTHRUSH, RED-SHOULDERED HAWK, BROAD-WINGED HAWK, and ACCIPITOR
SPECIES.
Scott
Lexington ky