[birdky] Re: Anyone else noticing a lot of quail this year?

  • From: UTLAW97@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 08:31:16 EDT

In a message dated 10/2/2007 7:04:57 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
sgrecord@xxxxxxxx writes:

Anyone  else noticing a lot of quail this year?

I saw two Sept 13, 2007 at Cross Creek NWR in Stewart County, TN.  They were
about two miles apart next to corn. One spot had been cut, the other  hadn't.
One was on the road, and didn't spook. Let me drive slowly almost right on
top of it. Pic of first one at
_http://www.flickr.com/photos/utlaw97/1391952338/in/set-72157594462102846/_
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/utlaw97/1391952338/in/set-72157594462102846/)
and
_http://www.flickr.com/photos/utlaw97/1391936944/in/set-72157594462102846/_
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/utlaw97/1391936944/in/set-72157594462102846/)
Did not get a pic of the 2d.
I also saw a pair at the rear of Governor's Square Mall in Clarksville,  Just
off Exit 4 I-24 in June or July on the edge of the parking lot near  tall
grass. Gone back several times and not seen them. Probably first time I had
not
taken my camera with me in months when I saw them.
No other sighting by me in the area, and I live in a pretty rural  area.
Jeff Grimes
Woodlawn, TN