[birdky] Anglin Falls, Rockcastle County - 8 warblers species + Guyandotte Beauty

  • From: Ed Talbott <aquilaet@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: KY Birds <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ASK List <ask@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 14:32:08 -0700 (PDT)

Kentucky Birders,
My wife Michelle, our dog Chazzy, and I, along with Michelle's Mom Shirley
decided to head out to Anglin Falls in Rockcastle County this morning. It was a
perfect morning for hiking and the 75-foot falls put on quite a show for us.
Wildflowers were much diminished from mid-April but we managed to locate quite
few including my first ever Guyandotte Beauty. 8 species of warbler included
B&W, Yellow-throated, Ovenbird, LA Waterthrush, Worm-Eating, Kentucky, Hooded,
and BT-Green. Other migrants included Wood and Hermit Thrush, Scarlet Tanager,
Acadian Flycatchers, and others. Overall a great morning to be out in the
Kentucky woods.

For those interested, here is a link to our hike pictures:
http://www.pbase.com/aquilaet/anglin3

Ed Talbott
Richmond, KY