[birdky] American Kestrel/Hummers

  • From: "debi" <debi1950@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:33:47 -0400

My daughter couldn't figure out what was making so much noise in her attic
awhile back.  She finally kept seeing an American Kestrel on the line outside
her house.  Come to find out..the parents had found a small place on her cedar
sided house, where a board needed to be fixed/replaced, and they made
themselves at home.
I believe they flegged 2 younguns..because I only count 4 of them where they
hang out on a powerline in the field.  I figured that 2 were parents/2
younguns... it's fun to see them.

The hummers are coming to the feeder on the porch.. I'm not sure how many
because they come from around the back of the house to the feeder.  I do know
that they have been having some disputes with each other.. and I can tell that
several are this years batch.
I told my grandson that next spring I'm putting a feeder on his porch, so he
can see them over there. He really enjoyed watching mine.

Debi Lucas
Ashland, Ky
Greenup Co.