[birdky] A few good birds in Calloway County.

  • From: HapC1@xxxxxxx
  • To: birdky@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2014 17:32:48 -0400 (EDT)

I decided to bird around Calloway County today. Forster's Terns, Tree
Swallows, Purple Martins and Pectoral Sandpipers were highlights on the mud
flats. Out on the main lake I was not disappointed Horned Grebes wearing  their
fresh horns, 9 duck species and Osprey are everywhere.  Pelican numbers
seem to be dwindling. At Bailey Hollow a Red-necked Grebe was  feeding
intensely. Guess at least one decided to come west.
What a beautiful first day of spring.
Hap