[beports] Re: Checking for iconv failing when trying to ./configure?

  • From: Andreas Färber <andreas.faerber@xxxxxx>
  • To: beports@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 00:09:41 +0200

Hi Scott,

Am 02.05.2008 um 22:19 schrieb scott mc:

I've run into this a couple times now when trying to run ./configure
on GNU stuff.  Isn't iconv part of Haiku?  Any idea why this is
failing and how to get around it?

Afaik Haiku does include iconv in its libroot; however, detecting iconv in all its flavours is a science of its own... For own thing, sometimes the functions are called iconv*, sometimes libiconv*. Sometimes those are in the standard C library, sometimes in libiconv. And the parameters differ between operating systems and even between Linux distributions.

So as long as the functions in Haiku are there, we should fix it in the configure scripts ourselves somehow.

A workaround is to install dev-libs/libiconv. Another workaround might be to symlink libiconv.so to libroot.so in develop/libs/x86.

Andreas

--
BePorts homepage - http://tools.assembla.com/BePorts