[bento-dev] Update, news, progress

  • From: meets@xxxxxx
  • To: bento-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 11:40:00 +0200

Hello,

These weeks have been very busy. The final ISOs for the Trusty 14.04.3 stable
edition of
Bento are online since August 18th.

A side project kept me busy during the last two weeks, as I have been brought
to help a
non for profit association of my area, by adapting their Malinux recipe for the
14.04.3
edition of Xubuntu. Here is what it looks like:
http://downloads.linuxvillage.org/malinux/Screenshot-Malinux.png

and about 30 computers equiped with this version are leaving Toulouse for the
Mali
today, where they will be given to a high-school.

There is a new website online which is progressively built up, and most
important, there
is a full gitlab for the Bento project, with several tree directories, one
related to the
Bento Openbox recipe, one related to the Openbox Control Center Project, and
one to the
graphics.

You can contribute to any part of the following "todo" and "ideas":
http://bentovillage.me/todo

(don't mind the background, it's not the final one). When you pick up a task,
just add a
comment under the related post and if possible let's know how long you plan to
work on it.

The Openbox CC is being worked on for now;

The rest is to be done in any order and as soon as possible. We would want it
all ready
for the next LTS and in the meanwhile start to add some of them in the actual
15.04 and
in the next 15.10 so we can test the newer parts.

There are links to the different places gathered at http://bentovillage.org.

Besides http://bentovillage.me, there is also
http://bentovillage.me/documentation, and
one more sub-site will be added in time, to experiment "buddypress" as a
possible
replacement for classic forums.

It is a mess at the moment, with links spread here and there, and I don't have
enough
free time now to make it right immediately. It's a work in progress, so you
will have to
be patient.

* Most important to retain:

- Get Bento Openbox:
http://downloads.linuxvillage.org/

- Visit the Gitlab:
https://gitlab.com/groups/bento-openbox
"The project id dedicated to make Openbox made easy branded environments
available for
all users in any distribution."

especially, have a look or download the Bento Openbox tree directory:
https://gitlab.com/bento-openbox/bento-filesystem/tree/master

- read the todo:
http://bentovillage.me/todo and pick a task that suits you, because the
Bento Openbox project needs your help, and there is a lot to be done!

Thanks for your help!

Regards,
Mélodie