[bcbirdclub] swapping out birds

  • From: "Dave Worley" <daveworley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bristol-birds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Buchanan Birds" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 11:46:19 -0500

My yard here in Russell County, Va. has pulled a fast one on me.
I normally have 30 or so White-crowned Sparrows and zero White-throated
Sparrows; but today for the first time I have just the opposite.
I counted 51 W-Throated just a few minutes ago.

A lone Pileated Woodpecker has been seen several times and a Northern Flicker.

Checking every few minutes; but no Am. Tree Sparrows.

Loads of the usual Juncos, Song Sparrows, Goldfinches, Doves, Cardinals and
Blue Jays.  A few Tufted Titmice, Chickadees, Downy and Red-bellied Woodpeckers
and White-breasted Nuthatches.

One lone E. Towhee.

Dave Worley
Rosedale, Va.