[bcbirdclub] Yellow Hammers in Greene County

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "mac942tbr@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2015 10:46:42 -0400

Two streets away on Gray Rd, my neighbor has 6 beautiful
N Flickers. They are feeding on the ground and when I drive by,
they fly together to the trees (flashes of yellow and white ends).

At my new house yesterday, 2 Flickers were in the front yard.
Seems numbers higher this year in our area.

At Pigeon Creek, a Belted Kingfisher flew in and I heard him
through my open window - about 85deg here yesterday.
Caught a small fish, then perched to eat it. Amazing, how they
turn their head almost upside down. Flew off, and re-appeared
on the other creek street.

Nata Jackson
Greeneville TN