[bcbirdclub] Re: Yard Birds

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <rmayhorn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BCBC Listserve" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <mjt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 12:31:26 -0500

The pouring snow here on the mountain this morning has brought lots of birds to
our feeders too. We have all of the species that you mentioned Jerry, plus 2
male Purple Finches, 5 Eastern Towhees, two of them females, several Mourning
Doves, a Red-bellied Woodpecker, a couple of Downy Woodpeckers, a Carolina Wren
and 5 or 6 House Finches.

All of you out there may want to start cutting firewood, bringing in water,
stockpiling food, etc. Either Jerry's keyboard is messed up and that number 20
in front of the words "Pine Siskins" was a mistake, or something has seriously
gone awry with the world. As hard as it is to believe, Jerry actually has more
Pine Siskins than we do. We have only 15.

Gotta go. I have to gather up lots more firewood. Now if I can just get Lynda
to pull the sled....