[bcbirdclub] Re: Whip-poor-Will & Quail

  • From: "Roger Mayhorn" <mayhorn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Buchanan County Bird Club" <bcbirdclub@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 23:48:34 -0400

Dave,
Congratulations on both the Whip-poor-will and the Bobwhite quail. I was
wondering when someone was going to hear the first Whip-poor-will of the
season. Those birds are becoming rather scarce. We don't hear them up here on
the mountain like we used to.

Unfortunately the quail is getting harder to find in the wild too. I would love
to hear them calling early on a sunny morning the way I used to.

If I find out who has quail that may be willing to sell a female I will let you
know. Maybe the others in the group will do the same. In fact wouldn't it be
great if the bird club could buy or raise some quail to release in the area?
That might be a project we will want to discuss.

Great Birds,